Wednesday, July 25, 2012

First

Started this blog as a way to keep a record of how I am progressing lifting. Started lifting about a year and a half ago, sorta messed around with it, but then found the mecca that is 70's BIG.com and have now set goals and stopped just screwing off. Either way, I'm gonna post my progressions and PRs as well as use this as a way to rant of random thoughts and keep a record of things about work (Baltimore County Fireman) that way I have some fun memories.

Also gonna talk about my buddy Jacob, we set a goal to try to get him eating clean, lifting, strength and ready for possibilty of doing something monster with me like the Baltimore Go Ruck Challenge this November. This is his first time picking up heavy weights and generally working out in years so I'm proud to have him back in the gymnasium.

Monday: (07/23/2012)
Took Jacob out to start some conditioning and upper body lifting to try to see where he's at so we can concentrate his training. I absolutely hate running, I used to be into it a lot back when I was 80 pounds heavier and a big fat ass. I liked it then cause I wanted to loose weight. Now here I am getting 70s BIG and strong, I prefer short runs at best, sprinting and rucking to get my conditioning in. My lifting wasn't where it should be, could've gone heavier but the conditioning before the lift was a mistake and kicked my ass, I'll make it up on intensity Friday.

Here's the highlights of the main lifts:
2 mile run
Hill sprints
Bench: (me) 205x3x1, 185x5x3, 165x8x3
(Jacob) 110x5x3, 95x5x1
Clean/Press: (Me) 135x5x3
(Jacob) 65x5x2


No comments:

Post a Comment