Sunday, July 29, 2012

"Mr. Moneybags"


Worked nightwork Sunday night then went straight into a callback the next day. 24 hours straight at the Woodlawn Fire Station on 3 Engine. Busiest fire engine in the county, probably one of my favorite places to work. Its just a happening house with good people, good tradition and aggressive firemen. Kept pretty busy not as busy as previous shifts there but enough to keep me up and down. I was still exhausted from last nights back to back fire antics on 19 Engine but it was worth every second. The boys and girls from 3-A shift were awesome to me on my callback, I really enjoyed my time with them, they having an opening for a fireman spot, I'm thinking of putting a transfer in for that spot.

The "Windsor Mill War Wagon". This wagon has 15 unit citations lining the side windows. These guys do solid work.
Did a conditioning/leg work out with Jacob when I got off Monday evening. I broke out my weight sled, did some runs, sprints, pulling, squats, it was great. Jacob was not happy, he continuously kept laying spread eagle and saying something about not being able to go on. I played the Rocky theme, "gonna fly now" to pump him up. It worked of course. Went out afterwards for some nourishment and some beer. I had a buffalo burger and an oatmeal stout while watching the Olympics, Go Team 'Murica!

Had to change up my lift cycle this week so Broski can join for upper body swell sessions. Went to the Gymnasium this morning, I usually never go on weekends, it bothers me for some reason, oh well I will have a well deserved rest day tomorrow. Jacob came too, he said he needs to get dedicated to constant regular swell sessions. Pushed everyone as hard as they could go, broski set a new benching rep PR. His ego allows him to go further than he thinks he can cause he wants to try to top me.

07/28/2012:
2 mile run
Hill sprints
105 lbs sled drags forwards/backs x 2 x 90 feet (on grass aka ass kicker)
Light Squats
105 lbs Sled pulls up hill, gotta get that arms and back in extra

07/29/2012:
Bench: (me and broski) 205,185,165x1x5 (Broski PR on 205x5 reps)
(jacob) 100,95,90x1x5
Incline/Decline Bench
Preacher Curls: (me) 105x3x12
(broski) 75x2x8, 95x1x8
(jacob) 35x3x10
Various other biceps/triceps
Dumbbell Shrugs: (me) 100x3x10
(broski) 60x2x10
(jacob) 40x3x10
Presses: (me) 135x3x5
(broski) 95x3x5
(jacob) 65x3x5
 


No comments:

Post a Comment